Technical Project Advisor
Position Location: Portland, OR & East Coast
Advisicon Company Overview
Advisicon is a technology project and portfolio management solutions company. In our 25-year history, we have grown domestically and internationally through strong customer relationships, helping them leverage both tools and best practices. Advisicon is a Gold level Project Partner with Microsoft influencing their next generation of technologies allowing our customers access to the latest capabilities, while also helping Microsoft improve based on our customers’ feedback.
We understand the difference between getting the job done, and getting it done right. We have a team of specialized experts that utilize best practices methodologies with the latest PM technologies, providing our customers with a one-stop shop. From technical implementation and customization to end-user adoption, training and coaching, our team guides the customer, each step of the way.
Our core values are:
- Empowerment through growth and learning
- Improvement and innovation
- Servant leadership
- Relationships and collaboration
- Delivering measurable results
- Solution driven
- Fostering an environment of grace
- Taking our work seriously, but not ourselves
At Advisicon, we strive to empower our customers and staff to work in and build an atmosphere of grace and learning to achieve adaptive and applied use of that knowledge in creating and delivering solutions to both our external and internal customers.
We lead from the front, ensuring our staff and customers are empowered and productive. We seek to grow our team with key people who share this mindset and who have the same common goal of investing in and growing talent to fully utilizing our strengths for customer solutions.
Advisicon Benefits Overview
Advisicon cares deeply for not only our customers, but also about the health and well-being of our employees, contractors and their families. Advisicon never stops looking into newer, better ways to benefit the staff, extended staff and their families.
We offer an excellent compensation package, Medical, Dental, Vision, Aflac programs as well as employer matched retirement/401k and performance-based bonuses including, paid training, PTO, and much, much more.
Position Description Summary
Advisicon’s Technical Project Advisor is a key enabler for Advisicon’s team and partner staff. They manage the complete life-cycle of technical or software development projects that range from large and complex projects and have a passion for customers that is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
A Technical Project Advisor will provide the customer with a blend of skills centered on project management, technology, and strategic business analysis and solutions. This position will engage and drive results in both managing and delivering technical solutions, training and consulting with customers and help grow the relationships and solutions we offer to those customers.
The Technical Project Advisor works to identity customer business or technical issues, map the solutions, and facilitate the deployment of the services and technology and help train or deliver that solution. Much of our work is centered on implementing Microsoft’s solution suite of tools to help PMO’s (Project Management Offices), Project to Portfolio managers utilize both the tools and best practice methodologies to achieve results. Advisicon delivers outstanding results through a blend of consultative training, classes and technology implementations, helping our customers achieve valued ROI and sustained results.
As an Advisicon Technical Project Advisor, you will help identify, pursue, and close strategic business development opportunities in your region. This is done through helping to drive additional services and solutions with existing or new customers. Advisicon’s Technical Project Advisor must be effective in delivering outstanding customer care, excellent results as well as helping to educate the PM community of practice around technology, training and consulting solutions we offer.
The ideal candidate is professional, personable, reliable, and capable of multi-tasking. We are seeking an individual who is personable, naturally friendly, bright, inquisitive, and an excellent communicator.
Technical Project Advisor Job Duties:
- Manage Technical Projects (infrastructure, IT, Software Development)
- Be knowledgeable of Agile processes and procedures
- Provide Strong Technical Project Management Services to Customers
- Provide teaching, consulting and guidance for customers on both PM methodology and technologies.
- Excel using and teaching the Microsoft Project Management Tool Solutions for internal and external customers
- Monitors client engagements. Stays current on project status, hot issues, and project next steps.
- Provide single point of contact with the customer and the project implementation team to help foster the partnership with Customer in completing the project on-time and within budget.
- Establish project and task priorities in conjunction with the customer business requirements. Manage critical paths for customer projects (i.e. understand impacts and interdependencies between all projects).
- Proactively address any risks or issues that may impact the project scope, time, quality or budget. Maintain a high level of communication with the customer and internal teams.
- Provide financial oversight for customers and internal teams to time, budgets and remaining activities within time or cost
- Provide business development or solution evangelism to customers or potential customers who don’t understand how best to leverage the technology spectrum in delivering ROI on projects.
- Manage and communicate the schedule/task prioritization with internal or external Technical or Development resources and Managers, ensuring managed scope and delivery for customers.
- Develop and deliver Enterprise Project Management training, demos, educational presentations, and proposals to prospects, clients, partners, and groups.
Technical Project Advisor Measurable Metrics/Targets
The Technical Project Advisor will be responsible for meeting these key metrics as part of their performance in their role.
- PPM Advisor will ensure a balance of billable and customer support care activities
- Advisicon looks to be actively involved in the communities of practice we serve. We would require that you actively participate
- Provide weekly status reporting and billing accountability to Director of Finance and customers
- Assist with course development, tool solution development and marketing activities centered around customer delivery and customer needs
- Comply with the Certification Attainment Program and timeline for this position presented in the offer letter.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Prior Technical Project Management Consulting experience required
- PMP certified with at least 10 years’ of implementing projects or technical project management
- Agile or ACP-PMP certification a plus
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office platform, including O365
- 4+ years involvement with IT and software development / systems integration experience
- Strong technical skills and business analytical skills
- Experience in using Microsoft technologies in delivering or managing projects:
- Project or Project Online Experience
- Experience in Business Intelligence (BI)
- Visio Proficiency
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to navigate and manage stakeholders and organizational politics to ensure successful technical project delivery
- Preferred experience with configuring, customizing, and integrating Microsoft Project Server / Project Online
- Preferred experience with configuring, customizing and integrating Microsoft SharePoint
- Experienced with gathering business and technical requirements and creating process maps
- Knowledge of Enterprise Project Management-related technologies
Core Professional Skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Strong, proven track record in delivering results for customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Solid knowledge of Project, Program and Portfolio Management methodologies and technologies
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in tracking and reporting
- Loves and uses technology to produce results
- Self & Team Motivator
- Ability to be a team player
- Passionate about helping others and solving customer problems
- Friendly, outgoing, sociable
- Healthy sense of humor
- Alert, observant and always looking for ways to improve processes
- Out of the box thinker, creative, inventive and adaptable to situations
- Honest and customer focused
- Tactful and respectful
- Solution oriented
- PMP, ACP-PMP
- Agile or Scrum Master Certification
- MS Project or Project Server/Project Online Certified
- SharePoint Certified
Salary / Compensation:
- Depending on Experience
If you think you have the right stuff to join the A-Team and this position looks like the perfect fit for you, please send your resume, cover letter, and references to Careers@Advisicon.com