Senior SharePoint Advisor
Advisicon Company Overview
Advisicon is a technology project and portfolio management solutions company. In our 25-year history, we have grown domestically and internationally through strong customer relationships, helping them leverage both tools and best practices. Advisicon is a Gold level Project Partner with Microsoft influencing their next generation of technologies allowing our customers access to the latest capabilities, while also helping Microsoft improve based on our customers’ feedback.
We understand the difference between getting the job done, and getting it done right. We have a team of specialized experts that utilize best practices methodologies with the latest PM technologies, providing our customers with a one-stop shop. From technical implementation and customization to end-user adoption, training and coaching, our team guides the customer, each step of the way.
Our core values are:
• Empowerment through growth and learning
• Improvement and innovation
• Servant leadership
• Relationships and collaboration
• Delivering measurable results
• Solution driven
• Fostering an environment of grace
• Taking our work seriously, but not ourselves
At Advisicon, we strive to empower our customers and staff to work in and build an atmosphere of grace and learning to achieve adaptive and applied use of that knowledge in creating and delivering solutions to both our external and internal customers.
We lead from the front, ensuring our staff and customers are empowered and productive. We seek to grow our team with key people who share this mindset and who have the same common goal of investing in and growing talent to fully utilizing our strengths for customer solutions.
Advisicon Benefits Overview Advisicon cares deeply for not only our customers, but also about the health and well-being of our employees, contractors and their families. Advisicon never stops looking into newer, better ways to benefit the staff, extended staff and their families.
We offer an excellent compensation package, Medical, Dental, Vision, Aflac programs as well as employer matched retirement/401k and performance-based bonuses including, paid training, PTO, and more.
Position Description Summary
The Senior SharePoint Advisor position means being an integral part of our international team where your focus is on developing with the latest technologies and creating outstanding customer tool solutions.
Advisicon’s Senior SharePoint Advisors are key consultants for Advisicon’s blended technology and methodology teams, supporting both internal and external customers. They help implement the Microsoft Technology stack to automate and optimize the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects and they have a passion for customers that is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
A Senior SharePoint Advisor will provide the customer with a blend of skills centered on SharePoint and other Collaboration tools, technologies, project management and strategic business analysis and solutions. This position will engage and drive results in both managing and delivering technical solutions, training and consulting with customers and help grow the relationships and solutions we offer to those customers.
The Senior SharePoint Advisor works to identity customer business or technical issues, map the solutions, and facilitate the deployment of the services and technology and help train or deliver that solution. Much of our work is centered on implementing Microsoft’s solution suite of tools to help IT Staff, Executives, PMO’s (Project Management Offices) and Project to Portfolio managers utilize both the tools and best practice methodologies to achieve results. Advisicon delivers outstanding results through a blend of consultative training, classes and technology implementations, helping our customers achieve valued ROI and sustained results.
As an Advisicon Senior SharePoint Advisor, you will also help identify, pursue, and close strategic business development opportunities in your region. This is done through helping to drive additional services and solutions with existing or new customers. Advisicon’s Senior SharePoint Advisor must be effective in delivering outstanding customer care, excellent results as well as helping to educate the business and technical community of practice around technology, training and consulting solutions we offer.
The ideal candidate is professional, personable, reliable, and capable of multi-tasking. We are seeking an individual who is personable, naturally friendly, bright, inquisitive, and an excellent communicator.
Senior SharePoint Advisor Job Duties:
- Provide customers with consulting or guidance in leveraging Collaboration Portal systems and how to leverage SharePoint to help optimize their business needs
- Architect, design, implement SharePoint sites for on-premise to Office 365
- Support SharePoint implementations through develop, test, and support high quality, scalable and extensible SharePoint solutions, web parts, and custom code extensions.
- Deploy SharePoint Sites, Farms and Provision SharePoint Online
- Deploy and Develop SharePoint Reporting, WebParts or 3rd Party or Advisicon Solutions
- Brand, configure and automate processes in SharePoint and O365
- Assist in Project Server and Project Online deployments and installations
- Work with Tech Services and Advisicon’s Product Division to design, deploy or configure customer solutions in Azure, On-premise or in the Cloud or O365
- Test and make recommendations on future release technologies to Microsoft
- Author, teach and design and build educational tools, books and trainings for customers
- Build workflow automation, dashboards & visuals for views including Power BI and other reporting or business solutions
- Non-Technical responsibilities include the need to develop and maintain best practices and standards for the system development life cycle and SharePoint portal operations as well as cross training and supporting IT staff as necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Prior Consulting experience required
- SharePoint certified with at least 4 years of prior and current SharePoint experience
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office platform, including O365
- 4+ years involvement with IT and systems integration experience
- Strong technical skills and business analytical skills
- Experience in using Microsoft technologies in delivering or managing projects:
- Experience in Business Intelligence (BI)
- Project or Project Online Experience
- Visio Proficiency
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task
- Preferred experience with deploying, maintaining, configuring, customizing, and integrating SharePoint, Microsoft Project Server / Project Online
- Experienced with gathering business and technical requirements and creating process maps
- Knowledge of Enterprise Systems and Integrating them with SharePoint
- Business Intelligence and Report Development (Power BI, SQL Reporting Services, Excel Services, Dashboards, PivotTables)
Core Professional Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to facilitate working with clients to define and document requirements
- Self-Motivated & Team Player
- Ability to interact with business users at all levels
- IT Background or experience with product development delivery
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Project Management Experience or Project / Product Lifecycle Methodology Experience a plus
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Works to improve coding skills through periodic peer reviews
- Applies intelligent Unit Testing to developers own coding and works with customer on User Acceptance Testing and Fixes or changes needed
- Passionate about helping others and solving customer problems
- Friendly, outgoing, sociable
- Healthy sense of humor
- Alert, observant and always looking for ways to improve processes
- Out of the box thinker, creative, inventive and adaptable to situations
- Honest and customer focused
- Tactful and respectful
- Solution oriented
Salary/Compensation: Commiserate to experience
If you think you have the right stuff to join the A-Team and this position looks like the perfect fit for you, please send your resume, cover letter, and references to Careers@Advisicon.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.advisicon.com.