Advisicon Company Overview
Advisicon’s mission is clear: we want to boost your Project Management efficiencies by optimizing your processes and technologies and by creating measurable results that empower you and your organization. We have over 25 years in the project management industry and are a Gold level Project Partner with Microsoft. No matter the organizations size, our team specializes in maximizing our customers business and personal productivity by leveraging the Microsoft technology experience.
There is a difference between getting the job done and getting it done right. In each engagement, we strive to get the best outcome via a relationship-based, collaborative approach. Our results are measurable because we think productivity is tangible, not subjective. We have a specialized, integrated team that knows and utilizes both best practices methodologies with the latest PM technologies, providing our customers with a one-stop shop. From technical implementation and customization to end-user adoption, training and coaching, our team guides the customer, each step of the way.
Advisicon Benefits Overview
Advisicon’s cares deeply for not only our customers but also about the health and wellbeing of our employee’s, contractors & their families. Advisicon never stops looking into newer better ways to benefit the staff and extended staff and their families.
We offer an excellent compensation package, Medical, Dental, Vision, Aflac programs as well as employer matched retirement/401k and performance based bonuses including, paid training, PTO, and much much more.
Position Description Summary
Advisicon’s Senior SharePoint Advisors are key consultants for Advisicon’s blended technology and methodology teams, supporting both internal and external customers. They help implement the Microsoft Technology stack to automate and optimize the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects and they have a passion for customers that is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
A Senior SharePoint Advisor will provide the customer with a blend of skills centered on SharePoint and other Collaboration tools, technologies, project management and strategic business analysis and solutions. This position will engage and drive results in both managing and delivering technical solutions, training and consulting with customers and help grow the relationships and solutions we offer to those customers.
The Senior SharePoint Advisor works to identity customer business or technical issues, map the solutions, and facilitate the deployment of the services and technology and help train or deliver that solution. Much of our work is centered on implementing Microsoft’s solution suite of tools to help IT Staff, Executives, PMO’s (Project Management Offices) and Project to Portfolio managers utilize both the tools and best practice methodologies to achieve results. Advisicon delivers outstanding results through a blend of consultative training, classes and technology implementations, helping our customers achieve valued ROI and sustained results.
As an Advisicon Senior SharePoint Advisor, you will also help identify, pursue, and close strategic business development opportunities in your region. This is done through helping to drive additional services and solutions with existing or new customers. Advisicon’s Senior SharePoint Advisor must be effective in delivering outstanding customer care, excellent results as well as helping to educate the business and technical community of practice around technology, training and consulting solutions we offer.
The ideal candidate is professional, personable, reliable, and capable of multi-tasking. We are seeking an individual who is personable, naturally friendly, bright, inquisitive, and an excellent communicator.
The SharePoint Application Development Advisor role entails the following tasks, activities, and key responsibilities:
- Provide customers with Consulting or Guidance in leveraging Collaboration Portal systems and how to leverage SharePoint to help optimize their business needs
- Architect, Design, Implement SharePoint Sites for on-premise to Office 365
- Support SharePoint Implementations through Develop, Test, and Support high quality, scalable and extensible SharePoint solutions, web parts, and custom code extensions.
- Deploy SharePoint Sites, Farms and Provision SharePoint Online
- Deploy and Develop SharePoint Reporting, WebParts or 3rd Party or Advisicon Solutions
- Brand, Configure and Automate Processes in SharePoint and O365
- Assist in Project Server and Project Online Deployments and Installations
- Work with Tech Services and Advisicon’s Product Division to design, deploy or configure customer solutions in Azure, On-premise or in the Cloud or O365
- Test and make recommendations on future release technologies to Microsoft
- Author, Teach and design and build educational tools, books and trainings for customers
- Build workflow automation, dashboards & visuals for views including Power BI and other Reporting or Business Solutions
- Non-Technical responsibilities include the need to develop and maintain best practices and standards for the system development life cycle and SharePoint portal operations as well as cross training and supporting IT staff as necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Prior Consulting experience required
- SharePoint certified with at least 4 years of prior and current SharePoint experience
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office platform, including O365
- 4+ years involvement with IT and systems integration experience
- Strong technical skills and business analytical skills
- Experience in using Microsoft technologies in delivering or managing projects:
- Experience in Business Intelligence (BI)
- Project or Project Online Experience
- Visio Proficiency
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task
- Business Intelligence and Report Development (Power BI, SQL Reporting Services, Excel Services, Dashboards, PivotTables)
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task
- Preferred experience with deploying, maintaining, configuring, customizing, and integrating SharePoint, Microsoft Project Server / Project Online
- Experienced with gathering business and technical requirements and creating process maps
- Knowledge of Enterprise Systems and Integrating them with SharePoint
Core Professional Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to facilitate working with clients to define and document requirements
- Self-Motivated & Team Player
- Ability to interact with business users at all levels
- IT Background or experience with product development delivery
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Project Management Experience or Project / Product Lifecycle Methodology Experience a plus
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Works to improve coding skills through periodic peer reviews
- Applies intelligent Unit Testing to developers own coding and works with customer on User Acceptance Testing and Fixes or changes needed
- Passionate about Helping others and solving customer problems
- Friendly and works well with others
- Healthy Sense of Humor
- Alert and observant and looking for ways to improve processes
- Self-motivated, ensures follow through on deliverables
- Teachable and a continuous learner
- Must love and be adept with Technology and likes writing code
- Out of the box thinker, Creative, Inventive and Adaptable to situations
- Honest and Customer Focused
- Tactful and Respectful, but solution oriented
- Takes Initiative to solve problems
- Is organized and takes pride in personal appearance