Microsoft Project Online/Server Project Manager **Current MS Project Certification Required**
Advisicon Company Overview
Advisicon’s mission is clear: we want to boost your Project Management efficiencies by optimizing your processes and technologies and by creating measurable results that empower you and your organization. We have over 25 years in the project management industry and are a Gold level Project Partner with Microsoft. No matter the organizations size, our team specializes in maximizing our customers business and personal productivity by leveraging the Microsoft technology experience.
There is a difference between getting the job done and getting it done right. In each engagement, we strive to get the best outcome via a relationship-based, collaborative approach. Our results are measurable because we think productivity is tangible, not subjective. We have a specialized, integrated team that knows and utilizes both best practices methodologies with the latest PM technologies, providing our customers with a one-stop shop. From technical implementation and customization to end-user adoption, training and coaching, our team guides the customer, each step of the way.
Advisicon Benefits Overview
Advisicon’s cares deeply for not only our customers but also about the health and wellbeing of our employee’s, contractors & their families. Advisicon never stops looking into newer better ways to benefit the staff and extended staff and their families.
We offer an excellent compensation package, Medical, Dental, Vision, Aflac programs as well as employer matched retirement/401k and performance based bonuses including, paid training, PTO, and much much more.
Position Description Summary
Advisicon’s MS Project Online/Server Project Managers are key enablers for Advisicon’s team and partner staff. They manage the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects and have a passion for customers that is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
A MS Project Online/Server Project Manager will provide the customer with a blend of skills centered on project management, technology, and strategic business analysis and solutions. This position will engage and drive results in both managing and delivering technical solutions, training and consulting with customers and help grow the relationships and solutions we offer to those customers.
The MS Project Online/Server Project Manager works to identity customer business or technical issues, map the solutions, and facilitate the deployment of the services and technology and help train or deliver that solution. Much of our work is centered on implementing Microsoft’s solution suite of tools to help PMO’s (Project Management Offices), Project to Portfolio managers utilize both the tools and best practice methodologies to achieve results. Advisicon delivers outstanding results through a blend of consultative training, classes and technology implementations, helping our customers achieve valued ROI and sustained results.
As an MS Project Online/Server Project Manager, you will help identify, pursue, and close strategic business development opportunities in your region. This is done through helping to drive additional services and solutions with existing or new customers. Advisicon’s Ms Project Online/Server Project Manager must be effective in delivering outstanding customer care, excellent results as well as helping to educate the PM community of practice around technology, training and consulting solutions we offer.
The MS Project Online/Server Project Manager role entails the following tasks, activities, and responsibilities:
Core Job Duties:
- Provide teaching, consulting and guidance for customers on both PM methodology and technologies.
- Monitors client engagements. Stays current on project status, hot issues, and project next steps.
- Provide single point of contact with the customer and the project implementation team to help foster the partnership with Customer in completing the project on-time and within budget.
- Establish project and task priorities in conjunction with the customer business requirements.
- Manage critical paths for customer projects (i.e. understand impacts and interdependencies between all projects).
- Manage and communicate the schedule/task prioritization with internal or external Technical or Development resources and Managers, ensuring managed scope and delivery for customers.
- Provide business development or solution evangelism to customers or potential customers who don’t understand how best to leverage the technology spectrum in delivering ROI on projects.
- Proactively address any risks or issues that may impact the project scope, time, quality or budget. Maintain a high level of communication with the customer and internal teams.
- Provide financial oversight for customers and internal teams to time, budgets and remaining activities within time or cost
- Develop and deliver Enterprise Project Management training, demos, educational presentations, and proposals to prospects, clients, partners, and groups.
Professional Experience Certifications and Skills:
- Prior Consulting experience required
- PMP certified with at least 10 years’ of implementing projects or technical project management
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office platform, including O365
- 4+ years involvement with IT and systems integration experience
- Strong technical skills and business analytical skills
- Experience in using Microsoft technologies in delivering or managing projects:
- Project or Project Online Experience
- Experience in Business Intelligence (BI)
- Visio Proficiency
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task
- Certification and experience with configuring, customizing, and integrating Microsoft Project Server / Project Online
- Preferred experience with configuring, customizing and integrating Microsoft SharePoint
- Experienced with gathering business and technical requirements and creating process maps
- Knowledge of Enterprise Project Management-related technologies
- PMP or PMI Project Certification
- MS Project or Project Server/Project Online Certified
- SharePoint Certified
- Portfolio / Program Management Certification
Core Professional Skills:
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Strong track record in delivering results for customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Solid knowledge of Project, Program and Portfolio Management methodologies and technologies
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in tracking and reporting
- Loves and uses technology to produce results
- Self & Team Motivator
- Ability to be a team player
- Passionate about Helping others and solving customer problems
- Friendly, outgoing, sociable
- Healthy Sense of Humor
- Alert and observant and looking for ways to improve processes
- Self-motivated, Takes Initiative
- Must love and be adept with Technology
- Out of the box thinker, Creative, Inventive and Adaptable to situations
- Honest & Customer Focused
- Tactful and Respectful, but solution oriented
Salary / Compensation:
- Depending on Experience