Educational Training Manager
Advisicon Company Overview
Position Location: Vancouver, WA
Advisicon is a technology project and portfolio management solutions company. In our 25-year history, we have grown domestically and internationally through strong customer relationships, helping them leverage both tools and best practices. Advisicon is a Gold level Project Partner with Microsoft influencing their next generation of technologies allowing our customers access to the latest capabilities, while also helping Microsoft improve based on our customers’ feedback.
We understand the difference between getting the job done, and getting it done right. We have a team of specialized experts that utilize best practices methodologies with the latest PM technologies, providing our customers with a one-stop shop. From technical implementation and customization to end-user adoption, training and coaching, our team guides the customer, each step of the way.
Our core values are:
• Empowerment through growth and learning
• Improvement and innovation
• Servant leadership
• Relationships and collaboration
• Delivering measurable results
• Solution driven
• Fostering an environment of grace
• Taking our work seriously, but not ourselves
At Advisicon, we strive to empower our customers and staff to work in and build an atmosphere of grace and learning to achieve adaptive and applied use of that knowledge in creating and delivering solutions to both our external and internal customers.
We lead from the front, ensuring our staff and customers are empowered and productive. We seek to grow our team with key people who share this mindset and who have the same common goal of investing in and growing talent to fully utilizing our strengths for customer solutions.
Advisicon Benefits Overview
Advisicon cares deeply for not only our customers but also about the health and well-being of our employee’s, contractors & their families. Advisicon never stops looking into newer better ways to benefit the staff and extended staff and their families.
We offer an excellent compensation package, Medical, Dental, Vision, Aflac programs as well as employer matched retirement/401k and performance based bonuses including, paid training, PTO, and more.
Position Description Summary
This role is responsible for both teaching and overseeing the general operations of our Advisicon Academy initiatives, while strengthening and increasing the training services division of Advisicon, Inc. This position also involves management of trainers, contractors and support staff involved in Academy initiatives and is full-time at the Portland/Vancouver Headquarters of Advisicon.
The Educational Training Manager is responsible for the continued development and delivery of instructor led, on-premise and web-based training including, the recording of training content to produce an on-demand version of live classes.
The Educational Training Manager role entails the following tasks, activities, and responsibilities:
Core Job Duties:
- Ability to participate and contribute in a team-oriented environment, exhibiting cooperation and team spirit, is necessary
- Support, training and internal employee / team development
- Manage the development of new and customized curriculum development and offerings
- Maintain and conduct on-boarding training for new internal employees
- Development market strategy for current and new curriculum
- Promote business development opportunities through educational programs
- Develop strategic partnerships with business and education entities
- Manage curriculum updates, including books and artifacts
- Manage and maintain Microsoft competencies, both team and corporate levels
- Deliver public and private training, (Technology & Methodology) as needed
- Tracking PMI REP Course Listing, and partnership
- Develop presence strategy and cultivate partnerships in communities of practice, such as SPUGs, PMI, PMI Chapters, and related conferences
- Assist in sales efforts and RFP responses, including review and contribution to training requirements
- Contribute to social media content and marketing campaigns and contribute blog content
Core Professional Skills:
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines
- Ability to prioritize competing work
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Technical skills (WordPress, Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, CRM)
- Knowledge of marketing techniques
- Self & Team Motivator
- Ability to be a team player
- Passionate about helping others and problem solving
- Friendly, outgoing, sociable
- Healthy Sense of Humor
- Alert and observant and looking for ways to improve processes
- Self-motivated, takes Initiative
- Must love and be adept with technology
- Out of the box thinker, creative, inventive and adaptable to situations
- Honest and customer Focused
- Tactful and respectful, but solution oriented
- Visionary but also actionable
Professional Experience, Certifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development and delivery of training/facilitated learning
- Prior experience with ILT delivery is an asset
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft products relating to Project Management preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills required
- Ability to embrace change and exhibit the adaptability to work within demanding deadlines
- Maintaining subject matter expertise via continuous technical training opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in education or similar study area, or 8 years equivalent experience
- 4+ years training experience
- 4+ years in curriculum development
- 2+ years’ experience in a consulting capacity
- 4+ years’ experience with project management technologies
- Thorough understanding of project management methodology and practices
- Knowledge of Project, Program and Portfolio management systems
- PMP required
- Master Degree in Education or Teaching preferred, this degree will supersede the Bachelor degree study area requirement
Salary / Compensation:
- Depending on Experience
If you think you have the right stuff to join the A-Team and this position looks like the perfect fit for you, please send your resume, cover letter, and references to Careers@Advisicon.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.advisicon.com.