Application Development Advisor
Advisicon Company Overview
Position Location: Regional
We are a 25-year project to portfolio management technology and Solutions Company. We have grown internationally through the strength of our relationships with our customers, helping them leverage both tools and best practices. Advisicon is a Gold level Project Partner with Microsoft and work with Microsoft on their next generation of PM technologies helping our customers leverage the latest capabilities, while also helping Microsoft improve their tool suite based on our customer’s needs.
We have a specialized, integrated team that knows and utilizes both best practices methodologies with the latest PM technologies, providing our customers with a one-stop shop. From technical implementation and customization to end-user adoption, training and coaching, our team guides the customer, each step of the way.
We are looking to continue to grow our product division by continuing to build applications and tool solutions for our global customer. Our staff not only create solutions, but we act as trusted Advisors in helping to design, develop, implement, train and integrate technology solutions to optimize businesses.
This position will assist in not only existing customer application development, but also to assist in the retooling, providing new innovative redesigns, building and the launch and support of customized applications and integrated connector solutions for our customers.
Advisicon Benefits Overview
Advisicon cares deeply for not only our customers but also about the health and wellbeing of our employee’s, contractors & their families. Advisicon never stops looking into newer better ways to benefit the staff and extended staff and their families.
We offer an excellent compensation package, Medical, Dental, Vision, Aflac programs as well as employer matched retirement/401k and performance based bonuses including, paid training, PTO, and much much more.
Position Description Summary
The Application Development Advisor position means being an integral part of our international team where your focus is on developing with the latest technologies and creating outstanding customer tool solutions.
As an Advisicon Application Development Advisor, you will be doing the following:
- Developing and delivering custom client solutions
- Maintaining and supporting a growing list of Advisicon products
- Reviewing, learning and providing feedback on the newest or pre-release technologies that Microsoft or other Software Platform vendors are releasing.
- You will be involved in both using, learning and evaluating technologies for technical improvements and for Microsoft as well as Advisicon to develop long lasting solutions for our customers.
Non-Technical responsibilities include the need to develop and maintain best practices and standards for the system development life cycle and SharePoint portal operations, and to cross train other IT staff as necessary.
The Application Development Advisor role entails the following tasks, activities, and key responsibilities:
Application Development Advisor Job Duties:
- Develop Custom Software Solutions for Customer Needs
- Develop new and upgrade existing Advisicon products review
- Test and make recommendations on future release technologies by Microsoft
- Build Workflow automation, dashboards & visuals for database or system integrations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong C# experience is required
- You should have solid database design skills, particularly for SQL Server. Experience with T-SQL, queries, stored procedures, and functions. Experience creating and administering SQL Server installations is a plus.
- Strong object oriented design experience in C++ or Java.
- Experience with software development lifecycle methodologies and best practices, including like Agile, SDLC.
- Strong experience in bug tracking, source code, control systems, build systems, etc.
- Must be comfortable working with customers to clarify requirements.
- Experience with the following are a plus:
- Mobile Development – xMarian or Cordova
- Rest APIs, Application Integration
- Integrations with SharePoint, Project Server, Office 365
- Integrations with Microsoft Dynamics (CRM, SL, AX, NAV, & GP)
- Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft Office Automation
- Win64 development
- Business Intelligence and Report Development (SQL Reporting Services, Excel Services, Dashboards, PivotTables)
- 2+ years working with Microsoft development technologies: Visual Studio, ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server. Not necessarily all of these but the more the better. You should be confident developing solutions for Windows using C#, ASP.NET
- Experienced with Software Development Life Cycle & Processes
- Experienced with Software Testing (Unit, System, Integration, User Acceptance)
- Comfortable with writing SQL Queries and Basic SQL Server Administration
Core Professional Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to facilitate working with clients to define and document requirements
- Self-Motivated & Team Player
- Ability to interact with business users at all levels
- IT Background or experience with product development delivery
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Project Management Experience or Project / Product Lifecycle Methodology Experience a plus
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Works to improve coding skills through periodic peer reviews
- Applies intelligent Unit Testing to developers own coding and works with customer on User Acceptance Testing and Fixes or changes needed
- Passionate about Helping others and solving customer problems
- Friendly and works well with others
- Healthy Sense of Humor
- Alert and observant and looking for ways to improve processes
- Self-motivated, ensures follow through on deliverables
- Teachable and a continuous learner
- Must love and be adept with Technology and likes writing code
- Out of the box thinker, Creative, Inventive and Adaptable to situations
- Honest and Customer Focused
- Tactful and Respectful, but solution oriented
- Takes Initiative to solve problems
- Is organized and takes pride in personal appearance
Salary / Compensation:
- Depending on Experience
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.advisicon.com/apply/ →