Application Development Advisor
Position Location: Vancouver, WA
Advisicon Company Overview
Advisicon’s mission is clear: we want to boost your Project Management efficiencies by optimizing your processes and technologies and by creating measurable results that empower you and your organization. We have over 25 years in the project management industry and are a Gold level Project Partner with Microsoft. No matter the organizations size, our team specializes in maximizing our customers business and personal productivity by leveraging the Microsoft technology experience.
There is a difference between getting the job done and getting it done right. In each engagement, we strive to get the best outcome via a relationship-based, collaborative approach. Our results are measurable because we think productivity is tangible, not subjective. We have a specialized, integrated team that knows and utilizes both best practices methodologies with the latest PM technologies, providing our customers with a one-stop shop. From technical implementation and customization to end-user adoption, training and coaching, our team guides the customer, each step of the way.
Our core values are:
- Empowerment through growth and learning
- Improvement and innovation
- Servant Leadership
- Relationships and collaboration
- Delivering measurable results
- Doing it right
- Always solution minded
- Work in and provide an environment of Grace
- Taking work seriously, but not ourselves
At Advisicon, we strive to empower our customers and staff to work in and build an atmosphere of grace and learning to achieve adaptive and applied use of that knowledge in creating and delivering solutions to both our external and internal customers.
Our leadership and solution teams apply the principle of servant leadership, leading from the front and ensuring that our customers and internal staff are both empowered and productive. We seek to grow our team with key people who share this mindset and who have the same common goal of investing in and growing talent to fully utilizing our strength’s for customer solutions.
These values and work mindset must resonate with you on a deeper level.
Advisicon Benefits Overview
Advisicon cares deeply for not only our customers, but also about the health and well-being of our employees, contractors and their families. Advisicon never stops looking into newer, better ways to benefit the staff, extended staff and their families.
We offer an excellent compensation package, Medical, Dental, Vision, Aflac programs as well as employer matched retirement/401k and paid time off.
Position Description Summary
The Application Development Advisor position means being an integral part of our international team where your focus is on developing with the latest technologies and creating outstanding customer tool solutions.
Primary Job Duties:
As an Advisicon Application Development Advisor, you will be doing the following:
- Developing and delivering custom client solutions
- Develop new and upgrade existing Advisicon products review
- Test and make recommendations on future release technologies by Microsoft
- Build Workflow automation, dashboards & visuals for database or system integrations
- Maintaining and supporting a growing list of Advisicon products
- Reviewing, learning and providing feedback on the newest or pre-release technologies that Microsoft or other Software Platform vendors are releasing.
- Non-Technical responsibilities include the need to develop and maintain best practices and standards for the system development life cycle and SharePoint portal operations, and to cross train other IT staff as necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong C# experience is required
- You should have solid database design skills, particularly for SQL Server. Experience with T-SQL, queries, stored procedures, and functions. Experience creating and administering SQL Server installations is a plus.
- Strong object oriented design experience.
- Experience with software development lifecycle methodologies and best practices, including Agile.
- Strong experience in bug tracking, source control systems, DevOps systems, preferably Azure DevOps.
- Must be comfortable working with customers to clarify requirements.
- Experience with the following are a plus:
- Rest APIs, Application Integration
- Integrations with SharePoint, Project Server, Office 365
- Integrations with Microsoft Dynamics (CRM, SL, AX, NAV, & GP)
- Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft Office Automation
- Business Intelligence and Report Development (Power BI, SQL Reporting Services, Excel Services)
- 2+ years working with Microsoft development technologies: Visual Studio, ASP.NET MVC, C#, SQL Server, .NET CORE.
- Experienced with Software Development Life Cycle & Processes
- Experienced with Software Testing (Unit, System, Integration, User Acceptance)
- Comfortable with writing SQL Queries and Basic SQL Server Administration
Core Professional Skills:
- Project Management Experience or Project / Product Lifecycle Methodology Experience a plus
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Works to improve coding skills through periodic peer reviews
- Applies intelligent Unit Testing to developers own coding and works with customer on User Acceptance Testing and Fixes or changes needed
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Strong, proven track record in delivering results for customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in tracking and reporting
- Loves and uses technology to produce results
- Self & Team Motivator
- Ability to be a team player
- Passionate about helping others and solving customer problems
- Friendly, outgoing, sociable
- Healthy sense of humor
- Alert, observant and always looking for ways to improve processes
- Out of the box thinker, creative, inventive and adaptable to situations
- Honest and customer focused
- Tactful and respectful
- Solution oriented
Salary / Compensation:
- Depending on Experience
If you think you have the right stuff to join the A-Team and this position looks like the perfect fit for you, please send your resume, cover letter, and references to Careers@Advisicon.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.advisicon.com.