With the addition of many new modern advanced features and the extension of those features into the complex and threat rich environment of the cloud, the complexity for safely managing the environment has grown exponentially.
Advisicon’s Microsoft 365 Support delivers remote, telephone-based expert technical support for Customers who are subscribed to the following Microsoft Online Services:
1. Monitor user activities on your Office 365 accounts to analyze usage patterns as well as identify behavioral trends. For example, you can extract specific usage scenarios, such as files that are shared outside your organization or the most popular SharePoint sites.
2. Monitor administrator activities to track configuration changes or high privilege operations.
3. Detect and investigate unwanted user behavior, which can be customized for your organizational needs.
4. Demonstrate audit and compliance. For example, you can monitor file access operations on confidential files, which can help you with the audit and compliance process.
5. Perform operational troubleshooting by using log queries on top of Office 365 activity data of your organization.
6. Monitor system health and troubleshoot Office 365 availability and usage.
7. Administer users and their cloud identities to ensure only authorized users have access.
8. Manage subscriptions to provide and control access to software and functionality.
9. Manage your Azure AD Tenant settings which determine which applications are available.
10. Manage security and privacy to allow secure collaboration, sharing, and search of even sensitive information.
11. Manage Exchange to control email access and features.
12. Manage Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection to defend from hackers, malware, and unwanted intrusion.
13. Manage and automate control and access from mobile devices.
14. Manage data compliance and retention policies to meet regulatory requirements.
1. Provision Azure AD Tenants and add and configure custom domains.
2. Plan, implement, and configure network security in Office 365, including DNS, client connectivity, Azure Rights Management, and Multi-Factor Authentication.
3. Set up and configure Azure AD Connect to implement, integrate, and manage Online user IDs corresponding with On-Premise user IDs.
4. Migrate email to Exchange Online from On-Premise, or from other cloud-based providers and configure Advanced Threat Protection.
5. Plan and implement user storage in Microsoft OneDrive in cloud.
6. Configure Outlook, Skype for Business client, Teams client, Office Online, and Visio Online, choosing between Click-to-Run or Windows Installer (MSI) and implement modern authentication for Office 365 clients.
· Review Microsoft 365 Azure ADTenant for security threats and compliance standards
· Use Best Practice Standards, Microsoft Secure Score and Data Compliance Standards to audit tenant.
· Exchange Online Protection
· Safe Attachments
· Safe Links
· Advanced Threat Analytics
· Conditional Access Policies
· Device Access Policies
· Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
· Solutions for External Access (Business to Consumer – B2C, Business to Business – B2B)
· Information Rights Management
· Office 365 Message Encryption
· Windows Information Protection
· Data Loss Prevention Policies
· Retention Policies
· Archiving Policies
· Compliance Policies
· Plan for Mobile Application Management
· Enroll Devices to Mobile Device Management
· Windows Autopilot configuration
· Device compliance plan
· Device deployment plan
· Network Audit
· Device Readiness Audit
· Device protection planning and implementation
· Access Management