PMI Portland – Chapter Meeting
October 16 @ 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm
PMI Portland Chapter holds a Chapter meeting for members and non-members on the third Tuesday of the month, September through June. Chapter meetings include an educational presentation, networking hour, new member welcome meeting, dinner, and a keynote presentation. Speakers come from Project Management related disciplines across the spectrum and the meetings have proven to be valuable time spent by all attendees. Project Managers with PMI certifications can earn 2 PDUs for each Chapter meeting attended.
Educational Presentation 4:30
“Scaling Agile for Alignment, Collaboration and Speed”
- What is a Scaled Agile Framework? Why is it required in today’s environment?
- What are the different roles in a SAFe organizational model?
- How is it different from Agile and other methodologies?
- What industries can benefit from it?
- How to implemented SAFe?
Keynote Presentation 7:00
“Lean: The 21st Century Intellect Amplifier”
If you think the internet has the highest potential to impact the world, wait until you see what’s right around the corner. 17th century “old code” management, aka command & control, is dying a slow death as it gets replaced by a much more engaging version of workplace management; one that both energizes people’s intellect and gives them a voice in how they do their work. If the computer is “the 21st-century bicycle that amplifies the human intellect” (Steve Jobs), then Lean is the 21st-century jet that will turn our collective intellect into the equivalent of a sonic boom. Where that movement is today, where it is rapidly going, and what that means to us in concrete terms will be exemplified through real stories and experiences.
Pricing – Chapter Meeting includes educational presentation, keynote presentation, and meal.
Regular Pricing: 9/27/2017 – 10/10/2018
- Non-members $45
- Chapter Members $25
- Chapter Student Members $10
Late Fee Pricing: Starts 10/11/2018
- Add $15 to the pricing above
- Chapter Meeting/Keynote Presentation–Strategic 0.5 PDU, Technical 0.5 PDU
- Educational Presentation–Strategic 0.5 PDU, Technical 0.5 PDU