- This event has passed.
PMI Portland – Chapter Meeting
February 18 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
PMI Portland Chapter holds a Chapter meeting for members and non-members on the third Tuesday of the month, September through June. Chapter meetings include an educational presentation, networking hour, new member welcome meeting, dinner, and a keynote presentation. Speakers come from Project Management related disciplines across the spectrum and the meetings have proven to be valuable time spent by all attendees. Project Managers with PMI certifications can earn 2 PDUs for each Chapter meeting attended.
Educational Session Title: Using Evolving Stories
- Understand why organizations use stories instead of formal requirements
- Learn how stories are born and how they evolve throughout a project
- How using stories reduces waste in a project and reduces the time needed to deliver
Keynote Session Title: How to Create an Agile Value Management Organization
In this presentation, we will discuss the role of a traditional project management office (PMO) in contrast to one driven by Agile and Lean principles.
- Learning Objectives:
- Moving from regulation and control to assisting business partners in obtaining value
- Helping the organization prioritize work by value, and time to value (Weighted Shortest Job First)
- Helping executives convert vision into specific business strategies
- Optimizing the entire organization, not just project teams
Speaker Bio: Since 2001, Greg Smith has been an Agile coach and trainer who leads projects and successful Agile transformations for all types of organizations. Greg has helped numerous Fortune 500 companies and major institutes move to Agile, including CDW, Microsoft, Exxon Mobile, T-Mobile, Costco, JP Morgan Chase, StubHub and the World Bank Group.
Agenda for the evening
4:30-5:30 p.m. : Educational session
5:30-6:00 p.m. : Networking
5:35-6:00 p.m. : New member welcome
6:00-7:00 p.m. : Dinner served and announcements