According to Microsoft Office Project Help, the Assignment Owner field
“contains the name of the user who is responsible for entering status in
Microsoft Office Project Web Access for the current assignment.” Assuming you
are connected to the server, when you assign a resource to a task, the
Assignment Owner field is automatically populated with the value in the
“Default Assignment Owner” field for that resource in the Global Resource Pool
on Microsoft Office Project Server (MOPS). However, you can override the
default Assignment Owner setting by changing it, by task, in Project Pro.
Changing the Assignment Owner is useful (and sometimes necessary) when someone
different from the assigned resource will be reporting the status for that
To change the Assignment Owner on a task, follow these steps:
1. Make sure you are in the Gantt chart view.
2. **RIGHT Click** in the empty gray box, in the upper left corner of the Gantt
table, where the column and row headers meet.
3. Choose **”…Assignment Owner”** from the list of available tables.
4. **LEFT Click** to select the table. You will see the columns in your table
5. Find the appropriate task row that you want to change and **Double Click**
on any cell in that row. This will bring up the **Task Information** window.
6. On the **Task Information** window click the “**Resources**” tab.
7. In the **”Assignment Owner”** column use the dropdown menu to choose the new Assignment Owner. Your choices will be limited to those resources you recruited to this project team from the Global Resource Pool.
8. Click **”OK”**. The name will change in the **”Assignment Owner”** field in
the project. from the Global Resource Pool.
9. Continue to apply this method to change any other Assignment Owner on specific tasks, if necessary.
10. When finished changing the data in the **”Assignment Owner”** field, return
to the original Gantt chart view.
11. Save, publish, and check-in the project.
**Posted By**: Rick Nobleman