Since **people** are our greatest business asset I wanted to pass along the highlights of [this article](http://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/2013/03/05/what-employees-appreciate-more-than-paycheck/ “What Employees Appreciate More Than a Paycheck”) that Management Consultant & Executive Coach, [Steve Tobak](https://twitter.com/SteveTobak “Steve Tobak on Twitter”) came out with for helping retain your top people.
He asserts that this is what keeps your top people sticking around.
**People** are our greatest **business asset**
* a piece of the action (stock, etc.)
* the chance to be part of something great
* some honest guidance and feedback
* a little predictability
* a sense of humor
* the opportunity to succeed or fail on their own merits
* free food
* management that actually knows what it’s doing
* a little appreciation.